* KBON 101.1 FM went “on the air” May 29th, 1997.
* KBON 101.1FM is the ONLY major radio station whose purpose of going on the air was primarily to promote our local area, local music & heritage 24/7/365 as part of a regular daily format.
* KBON 101.1 FM Louisiana Proud Radio is a locally owned Louisiana Music powerhouse situated in the heart of Cajun Country, Eunice Louisiana. Our programming is a unique variety of music with a Louisiana flavor, specializing in Cajun, Swamp Pop, Zydeco, Country, especailly Classic Country (When Country was really Country). Of course KBON 101.1 FM is mostly dedicated to Louisiana Musicians and local Music, with about 85% of our airtime devoted to local music artists.
* We are Louisiana Proud and are proud to be recognized as “THE” Louisiana Music Radio Station as we continue to promote our rich heritage and culture.
* Our slogan is “LET US, BEFORE WE DIE, GATHER UP OUR HERITAGE & OFFER IT TO OUR CHILDREN” and we don’t just say it, we live it!
*KBON IS A LEADER, NOT A FOLLOWER! We introduce & play the music when it is new and “unknown”, while other radio stations wait until a song becomes a hit before they play it.
* KBON 101.1FM studio in Eunice, Louisiana is probably the most visited radio station in the world. Not only have the studios of KBON been visited by hundreds of musicians, but thousands of locals as well as “tourists” from around the world have come to tour the station and enjoy its antiques, artifacts and the famous “Wall of Fame”.