NO OTHER RADIO STATION IN THE HISTORY OF BROADCASTING HAS DONE MORE TO PROMOTE OUR LOCAL AREA, MUSIC, HERITAGE & CULTURE!
Here are just a few of the recognitions “Louisiana Proud” KBON 101.1FM has received over the years….
* KBON was featured with a 1/2 page story in The New York Times.
* Nationally distributed Chile Peppers Magazine did a four page story & photos about KBON.
* KBON has been featured in newspapers & magazines in numerous countries including France, Canada, Germany Switzerland, Australia, and Belgium.
* A reporter came from The Philadelphia Inquirer and spent a week in Eunice, writing a feature article on “Louisiana Proud” KBON 101.1. The story was featured in The Philadelphia Inquirer as well as reprinted and carried in newspapers across the country, including Anchorage, Alaska, Atlantic City, N.J., Paradise, California, Palm Beach, Florida, Sarasota, Florida, Bradenton Florida, The Washington Post, The Houston Chronicle, The Dallas Morning News, The San Francisco Chronicle, The New Orleans Times-Picayune, plus many others. The printed story on KBON also appeared also on the MSNBC website.
* A very nice mention of the positive thing we are doing here at KBON appeared in the National Geographic Travel Magazine.
* KBON was featured in the Jan. 2005 edition of BILLBOARD RADIO MONITOR with an article titled “MEET THE RAGIN CAJUN OF RADIO”
* Louisiana Public Broadcasting did a feature story on KBON for television, which aired numerous times and seen through-out Louisiana.
* KBON has had several TV broadcasting film crews come to the station including a film crew from Tennessee who did a segment on KBON, which aired as part of a Nationally TV Special broadcast titled “HOMEMADE MUSIC”, which aired on two different stations and watched by a total of about 6,000,000 viewers.
* KBON has also had film crews visit from Canada, France, Italy and Japan, who did feature stories about KBON to air on Public Broadcasting in their various country.
KBON in the News
Louisiana Top Stories
Current Local Weather
KBON on Facebook